My Shopping List
Thai Pork and Noodle Salad
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 boneless pork chops, cut into stir-fry strips
+ 1 3-oz. package ramen noodles
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
+ 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
+ 1 Tbsp. honey
+ 1 tsp. fresh ginger root, grated
+ 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
+ 2 tsp. vegetable oil
+ 2 tsp. sesame oil
+ 1 red bell pepper, OR yellow, cut into thin strips
+ 8 green onions, bias-sliced into 1/2-in. lengths
+ 1/4 c. cashews, coarsely chopped
What to do:
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
2. For dressing, in a blender container combine olive oil, vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger and red pepper; blend until smooth.
3. In a large skillet heat vegetable and sesame oils over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until onions are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet; add pork strips. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through; return vegetables to skillet and add cooked noodles. Cook and stir to heat through, remove from heat; toss with dressing. Garnish with cashews.
* Full of flavor, colors and textures, this Thai-inspired entrée salad makes a complete meal. Serve with warm flour tortillas and fruit salad of pineapple chunks, green and red grapes and mandarin oranges.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 437; Total Fat: 27g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 41mg; Total Carbs: 27g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 1059mg;