My Shopping List
Grilled Lemon-Basil Pork Chops with Lemon-Basil Orzo
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops, about 3/4-in. thick
+ 3 small lemons
+ 3 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 5 cloves garlic, minced
+ 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
+ 8 oz. orzo
What to do:
1. Zest and juice lemons. In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and basil. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture. Transfer remaining mixture to a large resealable bag and add pork. Set aside for 30 minutes, turning
2. Meanwhile, prepare orzo according to package directions. Drain and return orzo to the pot. Stir in reserved lemon-basil mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Season pork with salt and pepper and grill until internal temperature reaches 145°F about 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from grill and let rest 3 minutes.
Serve chops with orzo.
* A Caesar salad would be delicious alongside these chops, as would almost any green salad. You can also make the orzo more substantial by adding other ingredients to it--tomatoes, olives, zucchini, red onion, corn, blanched green beans, and marinated artichoke hearts all would be nice.
* Recipe courtesy of Tara Kuczykowski, Unsophisticook
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 440; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Total Carbs: 47g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 30g; Sodium: 60mg;