My Shopping List
Double Pork Party Sliders
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 thin pork loin chops, boneless, 1/4-1/2-in. thick
+ 2 slices bacon
+ 8 cocktail buns, OR 4 hamburger buns
+ 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
+ salt and pepper
+ 4 Tbsp. steak sauce
What to do:
1. Slice buns in half horizontally. If desired, toast or warm through. Spread cut sides of buns with butter.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 1 min. or until there is enough bacon fat released to coat the bottom of the pan, stirring occasionally. Push bacon to side of the skillet and add the chops. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Cook chops for 3-10 min. or until lightly browned and internal temperature on a thermometer reads between 145°F (medium rare) and 160°F (medium), turning once halfway through. Remove chops and bacon, draining bacon on paper towels and resting chops for a minimum of 3 min.
3. For cocktail buns, cut each chop in half so you have 8 pieces. Place chops in buns. Top chops with steak sauce and bacon strips. These bacon-infused sandwiches are ideal for tailgating and cocktail parties.
* Serves 8 appetizer sandwiches or 4 main-dish sandwiches.
* For social gatherings, opt for the smaller cocktail-size buns available in the bakery section of grocery stores. Offer coarse-grain mustard and halved dill pickle slices for the sandwiches.
Italian: Before cooking, dip chops in 2 large eggs, then in seasoned fine dry bread crumbs to cover (approximately 3 Tbsp. of bread crumbs per chop). Cook as directed except sprinkle on 1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp. of shredded Parmesan or Provolone
on each chop after turning the chops. Omit the butter and steak sauce. Spread buns with 1/2 Tbsp. of pre-prepared pesto; add pork and bacon, then top with roasted red pepper slices and arugula
Asian: Cook chops as directed. Omit butter and steak sauce. Place pork and bacon on buns and top with 1 Tbsp. bottled peanut sauce. Toss 1 c. shredded cabbage with 2 Tbsp. of rice vinegar; add to sandwiches atop peanut-sauced chops.
* Nutritional information given for 8 appetizer sandwiches.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 230; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 300mg;