My Shopping List
Chili-Rubbed Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 pork bone-in rib chops, about 3/4-in. thick trimmed
+ 1 Tbsp. chili powder
+ 1 1/2 Tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
+ 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
+ 3/4 tsp. onion powder
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 3 slices pineapple, cut crosswise about 1/2-in. thick, trimmed OR 3 slices canned pineapple,drained
+ 1 jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
+ 1 Tbsp. lime juice
+ salt, to taste
What to do:
1. In a shallow bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Sprinkle both sides of pork with spice mixture.
2. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill pork until internal temperature reaches 145°F, 4-5 min. per side. Grill pineapple (if using fresh) and jalapeno until lightly charred, 2-3 min. per side. Remove chops from grill and let rest 5 min.
3. Meanwhile, dice pineapple and finely dice jalapeno. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, jalapeno, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt.
* Or substitute any store-purchased fruit salsa.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeinspired.com
Calories: 180; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 20g; Sodium: 470mg;